Te Kopuru School

Search   

POLICIES

Curriculum Delivery Policy

Rationale

Vision Statement:

Ma te mahi ngatahi, ka mauria ai te taki

Together we will accept and extend challenges

Learning Statement:

Through high expectations, Te Kopuru School will provide challenging learning experiences where students strive for personal excellence.

Guidelines:

The school

•         will provide a School Based Curriculum that addresses the particular needs, interests and circumstances of the school’s students and community so that learning is authentic and meaningful
  •         target the specific needs of all students through purposeful assessment practices that link to the learning; and report on student progress
  •         provide learning programmes that will reflect upon the significant features of New Zealand’s diverse ethnic and cultural heritage; and in particular the special nature of our community
  •         ensure that The Principles, as outlined in the revised New Zealand Curriculum, are the foundation of curriculum decision-making, and are applied equally across all settings of school
  •         the School Values and Key Competencies will be weaved through the learning areas and the corporate live of the school
  •         involve the school community as partners in the learning process

Reference:  Nag 1                                    

Chairperson:

Reviewed:       

Treaty of Waitangi

Vision Statement:

Rationale:

Te Kopuru School will reflect the unique position of Maori by honouring the principles of The Treaty of Waitangi and the bicultural foundations of Aotearoa New Zealand.

Purposes:

1.     To ensure that curriculum delivery reflects and incorporates Te Reo me ona Tikanga Maori and becomes a valued part of daily school life

2.    To improve Maori outcomes by delivering exemplary teaching and assessment programmes

3.    To uphold the school vision and the values of Pono Tika  Aroha through the foundation of respect

Guidelines:

1.      To integrate Te Reo me ona Tikanga Maori across all learning programmes and the corporate life of the school

2.  To  provide te reo Maori learning programmes at levels  3 and 4 across the school

3.  To provide professional development to empower staff to implement Te Reo me ona Tikanga Maori across the curriculum.

4.    Target the specific needs of all students through purposeful assessment practices that link to the learning; and report on student progress to the Maori community

5.    Regular consultation with the Maori community and whole Community

Reference: Nag 1                                      

Chairperson:

Reviewed: